Filter very strange problem for matching values

Hello everyone,

I have a very strange problem with openldap...
 * Strange because it used to work and without reason (no update, no
change in config) it suddently stopped to work
 * Strange because I have the correct configuration as far as I know
 * Strange because when I do tests, the results are illogical !

The problem is simple to explain, a filter doesn't work as expected !

The filter is :
  (&(objectclass=CourierMailAccount)(mail=%u)(accountStatus=active))
which mean find all object being :
 * in class CourierMailAccount
 * email is %u (this is replaced dynamically)
 * accountStatus is active

The first two criteria are working, the problem is with accountStatus
(if I remove this criteria it suddently works).

PROBLEM :
 1. if "accountStatus" is not present in my filter : it works
 2. "accountStatus=active" => NO RESULTS ???
 3. "accountStatus=*" => RESULTS

I tried in phpldaptadmin web interface, same problem :
 1. "accountStatus=active" => NO RESULTS ???
 2. "accountStatus=*" => RESULTS

In my schemas the config is :
attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.7914.1.2.1.12 NAME 'accountStatus'
       DESC 'The status of a user account: active, noaccess, disabled,
deleted'
       EQUALITY caseIgnoreIA5Match
       SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.26 SINGLE-VALUE )

Is therefore the problem with caseIgnoreIA5Match ? But this seems
correct according to many web pages like
http://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/ape/qmail.html

And it always worked before...

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I don't see where the
problem comes from ?

(Maybe some index problem ???)

Thanks a lot in advance

Denis