Re: Context CSN not updated on OpenLDAP 2.3.11

--On Thursday, April 16, 2009 2:18 PM +0200 Adrien Futschik <adrien.futschik@atosorigin.com> wrote:

Le jeudi 16 avril 2009 14:04:44, Michael Ströder a écrit :
Adrien Futschik wrote:
> I am aware I should migrate, but for the moment, the only solution I
> have would be to migrate to OpenLDAP 2.3.32,

Why? Please don't take this personally. But if that is because you
strictly rely on Linux distribution packages I'd like to note that your
operational concept is already flawed.

Because the client I am working for uses source-compiled versions of
OpenLDAP and is curently running 2.3.11 or 2.3.32. There is no newer
package for the moment. We are working on a OpenLDAP 2.4.16 or newer,
but, production is critical and we can not wait for this one to be
released (by our team).

I know very well that many changes have been made between 2.3.11 and the
latest 2.3.x and even between 2.3.32 and the latest 2.3.x, but we can not
afford to migrate to 2.4.x right now.

At a minimum, you should be using 2.3.43 on all your servers. You should be responsible for making sure your client uses the most up to date and stable release available for them to use, if you are given them support. Otherwise, you are failing in that support relationship.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc