Re: mirror mode works just one way

Gavin Henry wrote:
Hegedus Gabor wrote:
Hi, all!

I have a problem,

I could include the schema to the 2.4 openldap, and I set the mirror mode like the manual said on the first server.
I installed the same version openldap to the another server, and set it like the first server.

the full database came to the second ldap.
If i modify the first database, it push the changes to the second, and I can see the changes on it.
BUT when I modify the second database, there is no changes on the first... Why?

I can see trafic with tcp dump on first server 389 port,but nothing changes on it.

/etc/ldap/*
/etc/default/slapd
files are the same on both server, and the databases are too.
the only differences are the serverID and the provider in the slapd.conf file

my mirror mode configuration:

serverID    1

moduleload syncprov
overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100

syncrepl   rid=001
           provider=ldap://192.168.1.2
           type=refreshAndPersist
           interval=00:00:00:10
           searchbase="dc=test,dc=hu"
           filter="(objectClass=*)"
           attrs="*"
           scope=sub
           schemachecking=off
           bindmethod=simple
           binddn="cn=admin,dc=test,dc=hu"
           credentials="test"

mirrormode on

I have tried the mirror mode on a basic database and it worked,
what is the problem now?
please help, it is very important!

thank you,
best regards, Gabor

On server2 do you have the correct:

 provider=ldap://192.168.1.2  ??

Not point to the same ldap,

server 2 provider is the server1 ldap and
server 1 provider is the server2 ldap.

I don't know why but I reconfigured all and do some changes, and now can communicate but refreshAndPersist not works on both ldap.
first ldap push the changes immediatly, but the second works as refresOnly, but i set it to refreshAndPersist.
I don't know why...

Idea?

ty Gabor