Openldap cookie synchronization

Hello all

I am developing a service to replicate openldap changes to another
server. For this i am using cookie based search with a certain polling
interval (10 secs)

My problem occurs when there are many changes to be synced from
openldap while openldap is under modification stress. Sometimes
openldap returns all the entries of the openldap database to my cookie
search (i am not reseting the cookie). Later on after the processing
is finalized even a single modification in openldap triggers a
situation in which cookie based search fetches all the entries of the
openldap database.

I am not altering the cookies between searches.

Does anyone have any idea why this could happen? Is it nomal behavior
or a known issue?
Could it be a configuration problem?

Thanks
Mihai