can't change password with ldappaswd on Solaris 10 SPARC

Hello,

Is anyone successfully running openldap 2.4.15 on Solaris 10 SPARC?

I cannot make it change passwords using ldappasswd if hash is set to smd5, ssha or crypt.

Using latest Sun Studio 12.

Same problem reveals if compiling with gcc 3.4.3 or 3.4.6.
Somebody suggested it is due to flawed old gcc compiler version. I installed Sun Studio 12 but problem just wouldn't go away.
Compiles without any problem both 32 or 64 bit memory models.

I just can't believe that Sun Studio is flawed too. I must be missing some kind of setting or option or flag but seem to run out of ideas.

any input greatly appreciated.

/Marius