[Date Prev][Date Next]
N-way multi-master replication
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: N-way multi-master replication
- From: Adrien Futschik <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:57:11 +0100
- Content-disposition: inline
- Organization: Atos Origin
- User-agent: KMail/1.11.0 (Linux/220.127.116.11-170.2.24.fc10.i686.PAE; KDE/4.2.0; i686; ; )
I am testing Multi-master replication with two masters.
If I stop one of them and don't restart it before the end of retry interval,
the replication process doesn't work anymore. (looks like it is stopped).
- M1 & M2 are synchronised.
- stop M2
- add entries to M1
- wait for retry to fail (retry="5 5 300 5")
- restart M2
- previously added entries to M1 are replicated to M2
- modifying M2 (attributes) are not replicated to M1
It look like M1 -> M2 : OK and M2 -> M1 : broken
Is there a way to restart replication after configured retry are over ? The
solution I found was to restart M1. After that everything seems to work fine.
I could set up retry so that the number of retry is very hight, but I was
wondering if there was a way to restart synchronisation online.
Thanks in advance,