Re: Block IP address after failure Bind

jakjr <joao.alfredo@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
> Is there a way to block a specific ip address when this ip attempt to
> bind many times if failure result ??
> This could be useful to prevent a brute-force attack.
> I know that ppolicy can lockout the user after some failed attempts.
> But I would like to block new connections from the IP, after this IP
> try to make a number of fail binds.

man slapd.access(5) only describes positive connections but there is a
hint to disable defined objectclasses. Something like
access to <whatever> by peername.ip=<ipnumber> attrs=!objectclass=*
But you may file an ITS to ask for negative connection rules.

Dieter KlÃnter | Systemberatung
sip: +49.180.1555.7770535