Re: N-way replication config file help

On 09.02.2009 19:00, Mike Simonton wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to convert my two node replicated OpenLDAP pair to a three-way pair and am having trouble with configuring the slapd.conf files. Can anyone tell me what I need to add here? Below is my newly modified slapd.conf file with the system03 addition:

----- slapd.conf on system01 replicating to system02 and system03 ----- [...] serverID 001 [...]

syncrepl   rid=0
                provider=ldap://sys02
                type=refreshAndPersist
                interval=00:00:00:30
                retry="5 5 300 +"
                searchbase="dc=mydomain,dc=local"
                filter="(objectClass=*)"
                attrs="*,+"
                scope=sub
                schemachecking=off
                bindmethod=simple
                binddn="cn=Manager,dc=mydomain,dc=local"
                credentials="secret"

updateref     ldap://sys02

syncrepl   rid=0
                provider=ldap://sys03
                type=refreshAndPersist
                interval=00:00:00:30
                retry="5 5 300 +"
                searchbase="dc=mydomain,dc=local"
                filter="(objectClass=*)"
                attrs="*,+"
                scope=sub
                schemachecking=off
                bindmethod=simple
                binddn="cn=Manager,dc=mydomain,dc=local"
                credentials="secret"

updateref     ldap://sys03

mirrormode      TRUE
overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
You should definitely use different rid for these two syncrepl statements.

I assume you have specified different serverID in your other two config files.

Also, but probably unrelated, you shouldn't be able to have two values for updateref. Send updates to only one server.

Other than that, your config ressembles the example from the admin guide:
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html#N-Way%20Multi-Master%20replication

Regards,
Jonathan