Re: How can I configure overlays during runtime of slapd?

slappadd is not for incremental add or modification of objects.
use ldapadd/-modify.

Andreas Micheler schrieb:
Hallo all,

I am new to OpenLDAP,
and I am trying to configure slapd during runtime to add/remove one or
more Overlays.
I have already converted slapd.conf to a config directory slapd.d before.

The command I use to add the overlay is:

slapadd -F slapd.d -n 0 -l myovondelta

The ldif file myovondelta is:

dn: olcOverlay=constraint,olcDatabase=bdb,cn=config
changetype: add
objectClass: olcOverlayConfig
objectClass: olcConstraintConfig
olcOverlay: constraint
olcConstraintAttribute: mail regex ^[:alnum:]+@mydomain.com$
olcConstraintAttribute: title uri
ldap:///dc=catalog,dc=example,dc=com?title?su$

But the output I get is:

<= str2entry: str2ad(changetype): attribute type undefined
slapadd: could not parse entry (line=1)

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Where is my mistake?

Thanks,
Andreas