Re: Syncrepl Questions

----- "John Allgood" <jallgood@ohl.com> wrote:

> Hey All
>

> I am working on setting up sync replication for ldap. I have it
> working but I am not sure exactly what I can do with it. How do I
> failover to it? I may be missing a piece that would help tie it all
> together. Thanks for any input.

Hi John,

I presume you've setup a Provider/Consumer? What applications are using it?

The consumer will always be syncing, so I'm not sure what you mean by fail over?

>From an application point of view, the normal thing is that an app is pointed to
a master and slave or a few slaves and that handles where it searches.

You could have a few slaves setup that "chain" writes back to the Master etc, too.

What do you expect "failover" to be?

Thanks.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
E ghenry@suretecsystems.com

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 13 Whiteley Well Place, Inverurie,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 4FP.

Subject to disclaimer at http://www.suretecgroup.com/disclaimer.html