Re: Floating point numbers in ldap

Lorenzo Pastrana writes:
>> There is no standardized floating point LDAP syntax.
> ... Strange ? Isn't it ?
> Does someone knows what has been the rationale ?

My guess: Small interest due to few mathematicians and scientists in the
LDAP community.  Each syntax and each matching rule takes some work to
implement and make the LDAP implementation larger.  So there are (too)
few LDAP syntaxes and matching rules, but a great many things which
sensibly could have use for them.

BTW, a quick Google turned up this:
	http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wood-ldapext-float-00
but note that the draft was abandoned - maybe for a good reason.
You could ask the author.

ASN.1 (type/syntax system used by X.500) has a somewhat complicated
"REAL" type you might look into.

--
Hallvard