Re: Synchronizing Openldap with Windows Active Directory

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 05:28:03PM +0530, Aravind Arjunan wrote:

> I like to know wheather it is possible to synchronize Windows Active
> directory with RHEL Openldap.
> Some of my users are in openldap and some of them in Active Directory all i
> want to synchronize these users.

This is a general directory synchronisation problem. It is not
specific to OpenLDAP or to RHEL so I suggest you search for 'directory
synchronisation' - you will find that there are a number of commercial
products and several open-source projects that do this in one way or
another.  Even if you start with a specific AD-LDAP sync product you
should expect to write some code to implement your policies on what gets
replicated in each direction.

See recent discussions on this list for information about capturing
AD passwords. You may need to install code on all the AD domain
controllers.

Andrew