Re: Can join Domain but cannot login.

Thank you sir for the insights.
I will consult SAMBA people about this issue.

Emil Sicad
Cebu Mitsumi Inc.
Information Systems Division

Buchan Milne wrote:
On Tuesday 02 December 2008 09:24:35 Emil Sicad - ISD wrote:
Good day!

I badly need your help.
I can join the domain using the root but after restart i cannot login
anymore
My client is windows XP sp4.

The message was this:`

"The system cannot log you on to this domain because the system's
computer account in its primary domain
is missing or the password on that account is incorrect."

i have already disable the following in Local Security Settings
1. Domain member: Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data (always)
2. Domain member: Digitally encrypt secure channel data (when possible)
3. Domain member: Digitally sign secure channel data (when possible)
4. Domain member: Disable machine account password changes

I can add and delete user using smbldap-useradd  and smbldap-userdel
and also using webmin 1.41

Pls help me with this.

Very little of the above info has anything to do with LDAP.

The OpenLDAP configuration (while a bit weird in some ways) should work.

Have you asked this on the samba list, which would be a better place to find assistance with these samba-specific issues (OpenLDAP knows nothing about a domain, or a login to a Windows machine, it is merely a data store shared by Samba and nss_ldap).

Regards,
Buchan