Re: how group work with samba & openldap ?

hye tks for answer,

libnss-ldap.conf & libpam-ldap are installed...

actualy i have modifie libnss-ldap.conf like this :

host 127.0.0.1
base dc=domaine,dc=local
uri ldap://127.0.0.1
rootbinddn cn=admin,dc=domaine,dc=local
bind_policy soft

and pam_ldap.conf like this :

host 127.0.0.1
base dc=domaine,dc=local
uri ldap://127.0.0.1/

i have modifie too nsswitch.conf like this :

passwd:	compat	ldap
group:	compat	ldap
shadow: compat	ldap

Everything is working fine :)

but...

my pb is all user i create are in group : Domain Users

i want to add an new/other group for an user

can a user be in many group in ldap ?

i don't know how to do this !

Many thanks for time and help

Cordialement

Franck Dufau

Buchan Milne wrote:
> On Monday 01 December 2008 15:50:38 franck dufau wrote:
>> Hye all,
>>
>> i have install samba as PDC with openldap authentification everything
>> work fine.
>>
>> But i want to create diffÃrent group with diffÃrent privileges on folder
>>
>> How gestion of group work with Openldap authentification because users
>> are not in /etc/passwd and domain group are not in /etc/group !?
>>
>> I don't find information about this...
>
> Please see nss_ldap software. The 'nsswitch.conf' man page may also be of
> interest, as it explains how non-local users can work.
>
> Regards,
> Buchan

begin:vcard
fn:Franck  Dufau