Re: schema design and schema restrictions

Buchan Milne wrote:
On Wednesday 26 November 2008 06:07:28 Mansour Al Akeel wrote:
Hello all,
I an new to LDAP, and I have a need to migrate the existing system to
ldap as this will ease a bit the management for the new system
implementation. I need to authenticate users for a web site, and for the
internal system ( linux, windows stations .... etc). Now the available
account objectclass is structural

Sou you shouldn't use it, but intead the hostObject auxiliary objectclass provided in the ldapns.schema file shipped with pam_ldap.

[...]

This is in fact not only specific to this senario. I couldn't
find any docs about how to prevent objectClass domain to be added under
group !

There are two interpretations of this statement, please be more clear about this matter.

Ok, let's say I have an entery MyBusiness with objectClass Organization. I don't want any entry of type account to be added under this Organization. The only thing I want to add is OrganizationalUnit under MyBusiness. How do I specify this ? As I can see, any object type can be cascaded in any object (directory entry). I need to tell LDAP through the schema (or any other way) not to allow Person or account to be a direct child of Organization. I hope this example makes things clear.

Regards,
Buchan