OpenLDAP interop with AD questions

Hi All,

I'm still researching methods, and trying to find the best way to
integrate our Unix hosts with AD in a way that makes sense for us.

The goal is to have a single user/password db in AD, and have all of the
old NIS map data in OpenLDAP. SSO would be a nice to have feature too.
I've read more stuff than I can count, but I'm still more than a little
confused.

The translucent overlay looks cool (if it'll even work with AD), but I'm
not sure it's the right answer for us with respect to keeping the maps
local to OpenLDAP.

Any suggestions or doc links you can post?

Thanks,
-C