Re: How to confirm syncrepl is working properly

"Mike Simonton" <Mike.Simonton@promptutech.com> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to learn how to use OpenLDAP and syncrepl, and I have two issues.
> First, how do I get past the following error, and second, how do I confirm that
> syncrepl is actually working??
>
> Here's the slaptest error:
[...]
> syncrepl   rid=0
>                 provider=ldap://ptsunray02
>                 type=refreshOnly
>                 interval=00:00:05:00
>                 searchbase="dc=promptutech,dc=local"
>                 filter="(objectClass=*)"
>                 attrs="*"
>                 scope=sub
>                 schemachecking=off
>                 bindmethod=simple
>                 binddn="cn=replica,dc=promptutech,dc=local"
>                 credentials="secret"
>
> updateref       ldap://localhost
>
> mirrormode TRUE
> overlay syncprov
> syncprov-checkpoint 100 10

If you only want to do synchronized replication than you should remove
mirrormode, otherwise you have to define a server ID and remove
updateref. For more information on mirrormode see
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html#MirrorMode

If you only want to test the funtionallity of syncrepl just add an
entry to the provider and search this entry on the consumer.

-Dieter

--
Dieter KlÃnter | Systemberatung
http://www.dpunkt.de/buecher/2104.html