[Date Prev][Date Next]
What is the Difference between a LDAP client Prompting for Password as opposed ...
- To: "'firstname.lastname@example.org'" <email@example.com>
- Subject: What is the Difference between a LDAP client Prompting for Password as opposed ...
- From: "Kumar, Amit H." <AHKumar@odu.edu>
- Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:30:25 -0400
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Content-language: en-US
- Thread-index: AckwbUYhjtveyZWVRuG306BdbG2Ncw==
- Thread-topic: What is the Difference between a LDAP client Prompting for Password as opposed ...
Scenario: OpenLDAP Client Machine ß---talking----à OpenLDAP Server Machine. Both Client and Server are two different machines.
What is the Difference between an OpenLDAP client Prompting for Password and then authenticating with the OpenLDAP server via TLS
as opposed to :
An OpenLDAP client redirecting the authentication request to an OpenLDAP server to prompt for the password and do the authentication.
What kind of setup would we require if we want the OpenLDAP Server to prompt for the password and do the authentication for an end user to login onto the OpenLDAP client machine.
Any thoughts will be of great help!!!