From: Hauke Coltzau <hauke.coltzau@FernUni-Hagen.de>
To: Dat Duong <datduong2000@yahoo.com>
Cc: openldap-technical <openldap-technical@openldap.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 9, 2008 12:46:00 AM
Subject: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: StartTLS is not working

Hi Dat,

> I've added the below to /etc/openldap/ldap.conf on RHEL 5:
> TLS_CACERT /etc/openldap/cacerts/ServerCA.chain.pem
> TLS_REQCERT demand
>
> and still getting errors messages... below:
>
> TLS certificate verification: Error, self signed certificate

The LDAP server does not send a server certificate but
a self signed certificate. Are you sending the RootCA's
certificate? Create a server certificate as described in
the tutorial and let your LDAP server use this.

I assume that you will have to read a bit more about certificates
and openssl to understand all the steps of the mini tutorial.

Rergards,

Hauke