[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Incorrect snippet in delta-syncrepl example in admin guide?
- To: Gavin Henry <ghenry@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Re: Incorrect snippet in delta-syncrepl example in admin guide?
- From: Pierangelo Masarati <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 17:17:31 +0200
- Cc: Brad T Waldorf <email@example.com>, openldap-technical@OpenLDAP.org
- In-reply-to: <10359944.971223298813140.JavaMail.root@mail>
- References: <10359944.971223298813140.JavaMail.root@mail>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (X11/20080724)
Gavin Henry wrote:
----- "Pierangelo Masarati" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Brad T Waldorf wrote:
definitely recommend replacing "may need to" with "must" in the
statement, as you suggested. "This ACL may need to be merged with
Probably, that whole example should be removed, as it belongs to
control rather than to replication.
It's hard to present complete examples that way. I've other external feedback in various forums
whereby users complain that N-Way is hard to understand, but they merely need to read the whole guide.
I0'm not speaking in general, but specifically related to that case.
access to * by <canreadall> read by * break
1) generic, not necessarily specific to replication
2) incomplete, since it needs to integrate with other access rules
3) should be per-database, rather than global, IMHO.
So like it's now it creates more trouble than it helps solving.
I'm tempted to move complete working examples to the follow existing empty section:
This would however promoted copy-and-paste configurations.
That's inevitable, I fear, no matter what.
Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
Office: +39 02 23998309
Mobile: +39 333 4963172
Fax: +39 0382 476497