Re: Replication issue

On Wednesday 10 September 2008 17:34:29 Govind c wrote:
> I don`t find any contextCSN,we are not using the syncrepl instead the
> replication parameters are configured in slapd.conf.
>
> Master
> replica uri=ldap://slave:389
>         binddn="cn=Replicator,o=abc.com"
>         bindmethod=simple
>         credentials=simple
> replogfile /var/lib/ldap/openldap-master-replog
>
> Slave
> updatedn "cn=Replicator,o=abc.com"
> updateref ldap://master:389
> access to * by dn="cn=Replicator,o=abc.com" =rw
>         by * read

With slurpd, failures can occur, and depending on the reason for the failure,
replication will not fix itself. You should either monitor the reject files
and the status files sluprd generates, or switch to syncrepl (which will allow
you to monitor replication status, and in many failure scenarios replication
will catch up).

Regards,
Buchan