Re: objectclass sambaSamAccount

Laurence Mayer wrote:

> I am trying to add an objectclass sambaSamAccount to my ou=People.
> My goal would be to have both samba and posix account for each user.
> [..]
> objectClass: sambaSamAccount
> [..]
> However I received the error:
> adding new entry "uid=laurence, ou=People,dc=istraresearch,dc=com"
> ldap_add: Internal (implementation specific) error (80)
>     additional info: no structuralObjectClass operational attribute

Every LDAP entry needs at least one STRUCTURAL object class and can have
zero or multiple AUXLIARY object classes. sambaSamAccount is an AUXLIARY
object class. So you have to add at least one other STRUCTURAL object
class which suits your needs, e.g. 'inetOrgPerson' or 'account'.

You could try:

dn: uid=laurence, ou=People,dc=istraresearch,dc=com
[..]
objectClass: account
objectClass: sambaSamAccount
objectClass: posixAaccount
[..]

Leading to additional MUST attributes off course.

Ciao, Michael.