[Date Prev][Date Next]
Changing the structural objectclass within the same hierarchy
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Changing the structural objectclass within the same hierarchy
- From: "Vincent Panel" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:03:01 +0200
- Content-disposition: inline
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Vincent Panel <email@example.com> wrote:
> It seems that openldap didn't allow changing the structural
> objectclass of an object, even if both classes are in the same
> "branch", back in 2006 :
> I now have a similar problem : is it still planned to be solved ?
> Specififaclly, my object is from class "inetOrgPerson" and I want to
> change it to "myClass" which SUP is inetOrgPerson.
About this problem, I've seen this FAQ entry :
Quote : "In 2.4, support for a new control will (hopefully) be
introduced to allow the (authorized) user to request this (and various
other model restrictions) be temporarily relaxed."
Has this really been introduced ? Actually, I'm using openldap 2.3,
but it's definitely an argument for me to upgrade to 2.4...
In particular, am I allowed to change the object class from "fruit" to
"pear" (I refer the FAQ) ?