Changing the structural objectclass within the same hierarchy

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Vincent Panel <yohonet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems that openldap didn't allow changing the structural
> objectclass of an object, even if both classes are in the same
> "branch", back in 2006 :
> http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200602/msg00459.html
>
> I now have a similar problem : is it still planned to be solved ?
>
> Specififaclly, my object is from class "inetOrgPerson" and I want to
> change it to "myClass" which SUP is inetOrgPerson.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vincent

About this problem, I've seen this FAQ entry :

Quote : "In 2.4, support for a new control will (hopefully) be
introduced to allow the (authorized) user to request this (and various
other model restrictions) be temporarily relaxed."

Has this really been introduced ? Actually, I'm using openldap 2.3,
but it's definitely an argument for me to upgrade to 2.4...

In particular, am I allowed to change the object class from "fruit" to
"pear" (I refer the FAQ) ?