Re: RHEL 5 cannot authenticate thru ldap

Hi,

>From where r u taking data for authentication. Is it using pamd or creating a new ldap bdb or ldbm.

Have u configured your client machine to connect to the ldap server for authentication using system-config-authentication.

In case you are using the pamd authentication module then you need to copy the following files from /usr/share/doc/nss_ldap-253/pam.d/ directory namely login, passwd, su, ssh to /etc/pam.d .

Then u need to try to authenticate.

Try googling through for the other method of authentication i.e. using ldbm or bdb database. As scripts needs to be executed to load your users data.

Kindly check and revert.

Thanks and Regards
Santosh Balan
+91-9819419509.