Re: translucent overlay with local-only entries

Sven Ulland wrote:
Gavin Henry wrote:
Are they really correct? With local-only entries working well (as
they should, with my recent version of openldap), I would assume
that local-only would return local-only entries, and that
local-and-remote would return both remote and local entries.
So are you getting local entries at all?

I see local *modifications*, yes. Example: A remote entry with uid=andrew is edited on the translucent extension with a new description. When searching, I see the locally changed description without problems.

On the other hand, when I create *entries* that only exist on the
translucent extension, I never see any sign of them when searching. I
do see them when running slapcat, so they are indeed present in the
local database.

This should be fixed with Howard's 2.4.8 patch some time ago,

Re-read the slapo-translucent manpage:

Entries retrieved from a remote LDAP server may have some or all attributes overridden, or new attributes added, by entries in the local database before being presented to the client.

Entries that only exist locally have no meaning. Translucency is only for modifying the view of an entry that already exists remotely.

  -- Howard Chu