Re: translucent overlay with local-only entries

Sven Ulland wrote:
Gavin Henry wrote:
[...]
Are they really correct? With local-only entries working well (as
they should, with my recent version of openldap), I would assume
that local-only would return local-only entries, and that
local-and-remote would return both remote and local entries.
So are you getting local entries at all?

I see local *modifications*, yes. Example: A remote entry with uid=andrew is edited on the translucent extension with a new description. When searching, I see the locally changed description without problems.

On the other hand, when I create *entries* that only exist on the
translucent extension, I never see any sign of them when searching. I
do see them when running slapcat, so they are indeed present in the
local database.

This should be fixed with Howard's 2.4.8 patch some time ago,

No.

Re-read the slapo-translucent manpage:

Entries retrieved from a remote LDAP server may have some or all attributes overridden, or new attributes added, by entries in the local database before being presented to the client.
<<<

Entries that only exist locally have no meaning. Translucency is only for modifying the view of an entry that already exists remotely.

--
  -- Howard Chu