Re: ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

> Kristen, please stay on the mailing list you started the thread. Don't
> e-mail me solely personally.

Sorry about that.

> Kristen Walker wrote:
>> Thanks for your help.  I can't seem to be able to start the server with the
>> -d flag.  Here is what I tried:
>>
>>  su root -c /usr/local/libexec/slapd -d 65535
>>
>> I also tried:
>>
>>  su root -d 65535 -c /usr/local/libexec/slapd
>>
>> And it complains in both cases that -d is an invalid option.
>
> Using -d works for me. Which version of OpenLDAP is this?
>
> Can you post any output it produces?

I am using openldap-2.3.39 on Ubuntu.

Here is the output:

 su root -d 65535 -c /usr/local/libexec/slapd
su: invalid option -- d
Usage: su [options] [LOGIN]

  -c, --command COMMAND         pass COMMAND to the invoked shell
  -h, --help                    display this help message and exit
  -, -l, --login                make the shell a login shell
  -m, -p,
  --preserve-environment        do not reset environment variables, and keep
                                the same shell
  -s, --shell SHELL             use SHELL instead of the default in passwd

Thanks,
Kristen

--
Kristen Walker

Digital Media Resources Developer
Instructional Media Services
Santa Barbara County Education Office
4400 Cathedral Oaks Road
P.O. Box 6307
Santa Barbara, CA 93160-6307
(805)964-4711 ext. 5244/FAX (805)683-3597
kwalker@sbceo.org
http://www.sbceoportal.org