[Date Prev][Date Next]
NewBi: Trying to setup a custom project.
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: NewBi: Trying to setup a custom project.
- From: Flip Vernooij <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:50:35 +0200
- Thread-index: Acj9XFLq2V2FBHSovEGDUjXaojk/iw==
- Thread-topic: NewBi: Trying to setup a custom project.
- User-agent: Microsoft-Entourage/12.0.0.071130
Title: NewBi: Trying to setup a custom project.
For a project at work I need to setup a LDAP server and make it possible to authenticate allot of (yet unwriten) applications.
I have been reading for the past 2 days on the internet about this issue but I have the feeling I do not have enough knowledge to provide a correct setup.
The idea is that there are a few different ou’s holding several users.
These users all hold login-profiles for the applications we are developping right now.
Alldue this sounds kinda logic, I do not exactly understand how the authentication should take place.
-user /// Next user holding the same structure.
Now I wrote a master_app that should handle the authentication using LDAP.
It received the “me” username with corresponding password and must fetch a list of profiles used for the requested applications (say app_1 and app_2)
I’m still in doubt about the app username and password, as without a matching profile, application access would be denied anyways so I could store some acl values to (is that right?)
Am I on the right track here, any ideas sugestions links or examples?
Thanks for reading!