Re: VMware and mirror/multimaster

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, Michael Ströder wrote:

> This very much depends on the hardware your host system is running on
> and the guest OS you're using.

Host is Ubuntu 8.04.1 on dual-core 3GHz Intel, 2Gb memory, and the guest
is FreeBSD 7.0.  I know that none of this is officially supported, but I
had no say in it.  The box is going to get more memory soon, as it can
barely support three virtual hosts.

[...]

> There is clock sync information by VMWare.

The fix for a FreeBSD guest is "kern.hz=100".  I've been monitoring the
host with Nagios, and I've seen the NTP clock drift by up to a minute
before re-syncing; probably not good for ordinary replication...

--
Dave Horsfall DTM VK2KFU  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (direct) +61 2 9552-5500 (switch)
Corinthian Eng'ng P/L, Ste 54 Jones Bay Whf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont 2009, AU