Re: Client says Can't contact LDAP server, but it can!

John Oliver wrote:
What can I do to troubleshoot this?  OpenLDAP client says
ldap_simple_bind Can't contact LDAP server but it can resolve the name,
ping the server, connect to port 636... and I have no details as to why
it thinks it cannot contact the server.  Many other clients authenticate
to the same server, and I'm using the same ldap.conf, nsswitch.conf, and
pam.d/system-auth files.

I'd recommend that you provide more information. But before try to test with all needed parameters given on the command-line instead of assuming that a certain ldap.conf is used.

Ciao, Michael.