Re: Modifying every entry in an LDAP address book

2008/7/14 Carr, Chris <Chris.Carr@camden.gov.uk>:
> Hi All,
>
> Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I can't find the answer via
> Google.
>
> I need to make the same modification to every entry in my address book.
> Can I do this with a single ldapmodify command? If so, what is the
> syntax for the mod file? I'm assuming something like this:
>
> dn: ??
> changetype: modify
> add: objectClass
> objectClass: evolutionPerson

One alternative solution is utilize on client ldap  browser with this
feature. What you want may be encontred in:
   * "Apache  Directory Studio" - http://directory.apache.org/studio/
- need java to work - have version for Windows and Linux;
   * "Ldap Admin" - http://ldapadmin.sourceforge.net/ - standalone
client - only have version for Windows - but works with "wine" in
Linux.

[]'s
Jarbas