Re: schema in openldap

Aravind Arjunan wrote:
Checking configuration files for slapd: /etc/openldap/schema/sample.schema: lin
e 3: Missing closing parenthesis before
objectClass (
NAME 'YoLinuxPerson'
DESC 'X-Person'
SUP inetOrgPerson
MAY ( E-mail address $ First name $ Last name $
Nickname $ Additional info )

Well, it means exactly what it says. There's a parenthesis missing at the end of your objectClass declaration. Maybe you should not place the last ) in an extra line. Rather let the line about end like this:

                 Nickname $ Additional info ) )

Hmm, I've never seen attribute type NAMEs with spaces. I thought this is not allowed either.

Ciao, Michael.