Re: Syncrepl : Monitor Replication issues

On Tuesday 10 June 2008 09:57:21 smainklh@free.fr wrote:
> Selon Buchan Milne <bgmilne@staff.telkomsa.net>:
> > On Monday 09 June 2008 14:22:41 smainklh@free.fr wrote:
> > > Hi everybody!
> > >
> > > I would like to know how to monitor syncrepl. Actually i would like to
> > > be warned when data have been rejected (failure on the provider,
> > > network issues ...).
> >
> > I use: http://staff.telkomsa.net/~bgmilne/hobbit/bb-openldap.pl
> >
> > With Hobbit it looks like this:
> > http://staff.telkomsa.net/~bgmilne/hobbit/ol.html
> > http://staff.telkomsa.net/~bgmilne/hobbit/
> >
> > You can use it without Hobbit though (or see what it does and adapt it to
> > whatever you use for monitoring).
> >
> > It requires that you have the monitor backend loaded, and anonymous read
> > access to the monitor database from the monitor host.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Buchan
>
> thank you Buchan,
>
> Could you please let me know how to use and custom your script without
> hobbit or any monitoring system ?

The script works well with hobbit, all the instructions required are on the
site above.

> Is there a way to use it in order to send mails alerts?

This is the job of the monitoring system. For example, if you have configured
Hobbit to send alerts for events on the 'ol' test this script runs, you will
get notifications as appropriate to the rules for the notifications that are
configured in Hobbit.

Regards,
Buchan