Re: LDAP structure

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008, Fred Zinsli wrote:

> All of the information I find is based on a single directory tree: ie.
> domain.com and then under that you can have your sub domains.

Usually it's "dc=domain,dc=com".

> But I would like to be able to have multiple domains. domain1.com,
> domain2.com. domain1.co.uk, domain1.com.jp and so on.

You seem to be confusing domains with suffixes (although a one-to-one
mapping is possible).

> Is this at all possible using LDAP?

Yep; we run all sorts of non-overlapping suffixes at work.

> If it is possible could someone please point me to some information on
> how I can do this. I don't explicitly want the answer given to me as I
> won't learn anything.

Ah - someone prepared to learn :-)  Simply use multiple "suffix" directives.

--
Dave Horsfall DTM VK2KFU  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (direct) +61 2 9552-5500 (switch)
Corinthian Eng'ng P/L, Ste 54 Jones Bay Whf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont 2009, AU