slapcat: symbol lookup error ldap_pvt_sasl_mutex_unlock

Hello all,

I'm currently looking at upgrading my LDAP server from version 2.3.19.
In trying to slapcat my db from the old machine I am getting the following

slapcat: symbol lookup error: slapcat: undefined symbol:

I get this error whenever I attempt to use any of the slap tools.

There is a little noise on the web in regards to the
ldap_pvt_sasl_mutex_unlock but nothing definitive that I can find.

I am going to replicate the db if possible and see if I can slapcat them
from a different machine.  Barring that however it would be good to be
able to solve this from the original perspective.

Any ideas?  Many thanks in advance.

Systems Administrator
Soho VFX
99 Atlantc Ave. Suite 303