Re: LDAP in deltasyncrepl method

--On Tuesday, May 27, 2008 8:24 PM -0500 Jorge Armando Medina <jmedina@e-compugraf.com> wrote:

Hi Quanah,

Why do you say the openldap version shipped with RHEL5.x is not usable as
a  server?, I don't use RHEL as my main directory server, but I would
like to  know why you affirm that.

Because RedHat, like many distros, builds their ldap packages to serve as libraries for other things, and thus do not rev their packages when OpenLDAP does, leaving them full of known bugs. If you want to search the list archives, you'll find long discussions of why using them is a bad idea.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc