[Fwd: 2 identical names in address book]

 Hello,

 I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this kind of
 information, so if I am mistaken, I apologize..

 I am quite new to LDAP, however I have used some applications that
 require it and am now a semi-decent openLDAP administrator. So, as a
 next step, I am trying to program an address book with an LDAP backend.
 I have noticed that usually the cn is used as a dn when working with
 address book entries. This seems to lead to an interesting conflict
 which I need to resolve before I begin to program:

 What can be done when one has to import 2 people with an identical
name?

 This seems to be irrelevant, since the chances of an identical name are
 small, but I for one know 2 people with the same first and last ames.
 Lets face it: names are not MD5 hashes ;-)..

 I guess someone must have thought this over before.. how oes one
 resolve this problem cleanly? Does one use another property? f so,
 which one?

 I am aware that this might be a very silly question, but I have een
 wondering about this for a few days now and google doesn't eem to
 satisfy my need for a solution.. :-).

 Thanks in advance,
 Thomas De Reyck