Re: bdb_add: parent does not exist

--On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 8:08 PM +0530 Rakesh Yadav <rakeshyadav83@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

/usr/local/libexec/slapd -n super -4 -V -d 1 &

Output:

[1] 32204
[root@super ~]# @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.3.39 (May  6 2008 19:56:13) $
        root@super:/root/ums/openldap-2.3.39/servers/slapd
bdb_back_initialize: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.3.29: (September
12, 2006)

I don't know who built this for you, but OpenLDAP 2.3+ does not allow you to build against BDB 4.3, as it has been proven unreliable. This would imply you are running a hacked version of OpenLDAP by people who don't know what they are doing.

ums.ldif :

dn: uName=rkyadav,dc=my-domain,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: umsUser
uName: rkyadav
upwd: rkyadav123

Please tell me why i m geeting this error? If there is a problem then
where it is ?

You failed to create the dc=my-domain,dc=com entry, which must exist first. I.e.:

dn: dc=my-domain,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization