Re: backend shell error

Chris Henderson writes:
> backend         shell
> database        ldap
> suffix          "dc=activedirectory,dc=domain,dc=tld"
> uri             "ldap://activedirectory.domain.tld";
> search                  shell_script.sh

I'm not sure what this is supposed to do.

The "backend" directive is mostly useless (it's a config option that no
backends make use of that I know of).  A database is an instance of a
particular backend, so:

You'r giving the "search" directive to the "ldap" backend instead of the
"shell" backend.

You could instead have

database      shell
suffix	      "dc=activedirectory,dc=domain,dc=tld"
search        shell_script.sh

but if you want slapd to connect to Active Directory and make use of it
somehow that's something else.  And not anything I'd touch with a
flagpole for that matter.

--
Hallvard