Re: Changing attribute values on the consumer

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Gavin Henry <ghenry@suretecsystems.com> wrote:
Kyriakos Stefanidis wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Is it possible to change the attribute values on the consumer (of the
> replication scheme) or add new attributes and preserve them during
> replication?

I'm confused here? The Consumer is a replica in a replication
configuration, so they atrributes etc. will be the same as a provider.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
E ghenry@suretecsystems.com

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Its the case where the provider and the consumer exist under diferent administrative domains. I have administrative rights on the consumer and I have replication rights from the provider (part of the provider's tree via syncrepl).

In order to make the consumer useful for my services, I need some extra attributes. Therefore, while the consumer gets regular updates and additions from the provider, I need to be able to add some extra attributes on the consumer (for each new entry).

To make things more complicated, I also need to be able to put some default values (diferent than the ones that the provider has) to some existing attributes (for each new or updated entry).

An external script that changes/refreshes those attributes on the consumer (for each entry) regulary (eg: right after each replication update) is one solution. I was wondering if syncrepl or some other application could make things more elegant and robust

Best Regards
Kyriakos Stefanidis