Re: alias problem - report status code 80 - internal error?]

Hi - thanks for your response. Please see comments.

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 10:10:54AM -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Monday, March 10, 2008 3:33 PM +0100 Yan Falken <seahawk@volny.cz>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm trying to use alias somehow but facing some internal problem and
> >don't know how to fix them. Situation:
>
> >	ldap_add: Internal (implementation specific) error (80)
> >		additional info: no structuralObjectClass operational
> >		attribute
>
> This error is clearly reporting the problem.
>
> >So - any advice where may be the problem?
>
> All entries must have a structural objectClass.  Pick one.

Ok - thanks - I used extensibleObject and commented out the
organizationalUnit. Then the schema is imported.

> >I'm using bdb backend as a recommended one - have no ldbm modules here -
> >in debian there is no ldbm support.
>
> ldbm being present or not being present has absolutely nothing to do with
> your issue.
I mentioned that because of this post (and several others I found on the
forums):

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200211/msg00457.html

where's explicitly stated that aliases are supported just under LDBM
backend - so sorry for confusion - I'm newbie in this area.

So it works in case I use:

	dn: ou=Staff,o=JNDITutorial
	objectclass: top
	objectclass: alias
	# objectclass: organizationalUnit
	objectclass: extensibleObject
	aliasedObjectName: ou=People,o=JNDITutorial
	ou: Staff

> --Quanah

Regards
YF