Re: OpenLdap unstable on RHEL5 & Centos5 with db4

Rohit B skrev, on 19-02-2008 08:21:

I am running Openldap and db4

[root@build ~]# slapd -V
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.3.27 (Mar 14 2007 17:44:50) $
mockbuild@builder4.centos.org:/builddir/build/BUILD/openldap-2.3.27/openldap-2.3.27/build-servers/servers/slapd

DB4 vcersion db4-4.3.29-9

We have a address book containing around 500 to 2000 addresses stored in it. Every thing works fine for some days and then it crashes. I see nothing in the logs. We are using a custom schema attached with this email. Before we upgraded from the default openldap in centos4.4 to Centos5.0 it was working perfectly, is there any compatibility issues with the schema & the new package.

Indeed; this is Red Hat's version of OpenLDAP which is basically unstable and runs a deprecated db4 version. Believe me you are not the first person to experience this and you will not be the last. Moreover, however many backports Red Hat / CentOS will do of it in the future it can, by definition, never get any better.

 I'm a RHEL5 sysadmin and this is not a new matter for Red Hat sysadmins.

Install the packages at http://staff.telkomsa.net/packages/rhel5/openldap/ and you'll be set to go.

Best,

--Tonni

--