Re: syncrepl, database is not complete...

On Sunday 17 February 2008 14:54:13 Alain Siani wrote:
> Hello,
>
> _My problem :_
> I would like to have a replication server and i don't understand why all
> data are not copied to the replication server,
> i use rootdn to do sync...i should be able to copy all data...it start
> to copy but don't copy all data...

How did you determine this? How many entries are in your database?

I note the following issues in your config:
1)updatedn in your syncrepl statement does not belong there, it is not a valid
syncrepl parameter
2)You don't have the sycnrepl indexes (for entryCSN, entryUUID) configured
3)To see what syncrepl is doing, you may want to have 'loglevel stats sync',
instead of 'loglevel 256'.

While improvements are made to syncrepl all the time, I have some servers that
have been running 2.3.11/2.3.13 without problems for two years (they were
upgraded to 2.3.40 a week ago). I would advocate fixing your configuration
first, before considering whether you need to upgrade or not.

Regards,
Buchan