Re: Can't contact LDAP Server

--On Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:51 PM +0530 shanmuga priya <mailmeshanmu@gmail.com > wrote:
Actually we are getting "can't contact ldap server" error while using
ldapsearch command itself!!

Gone through the openldap docs in
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/appendix-common- errors.html#ldap_*:%2
0Can\'t%20contact%20LDAP%20serverand used telnet localhost 389 and got
the out put as "Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused"
and we used the command netstat -an|grep 389 and didn get a output..
how to enable the port no 389?
we tried to open port through iptables..but not able to do that too..we
are doing this in debian etch