RE: SSL/TLS connection on port 389

> >> Evo will connect to port 636 ok, *if* you specify
> >> 'the_host:636' in your
> >> connection box. It works out that this is ssl for itself.
> >
> > But where do you put in your password?
>
> Darn it, you forced me to start up Evo and I'd rather not.
> The password goes in my IMAP incoming mail tab under
> authentication types, tick off remember password.
[...]
> Oh. if you mean the password for LDAP, does this help? It's
> been so long since I did it, that ... this is for Evo 2.8.3.

Heh - yes, the LDAP server is distinct from the IMAP server, and
requires a different password. I can't find anywhere to enter it in the
"LDAP Address Book" config, nor does Evo ask me for it. I have filed a
Debian bug about this in the hope that someone will either fix it or
enlighten me.

Ho hum. Apologies for interrupting the discussion of unique UUIDs ...

CC

This e-mail may contain information which is confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright protected. This e-mail is intended for the addressee only. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer