Re: SSL/TLS connection on port 389

Carr, Chris skrev, on 29-01-2008 13:24:

I've been running slapd with "-h ldaps:///" so that it takes SSL/TLS connections on port 636. This has worked with most clients (Outlook, Seamonkey, Thunderbird) but does not work for Evolution. I don't know why not, but Evolution seems to insist on using port 389 for secure connections.
Evo will connect to port 636 ok, *if* you specify 'the_host:636' in your connection box. It works out that this is ssl for itself.

But where do you put in your password?

Darn it, you forced me to start up Evo and I'd rather not. The password goes in my IMAP incoming mail tab under authentication types, tick off remember password.

At the moment I'm getting
"Connection Refused" (from slapd's logs, not from Evo) - I've chosen
"Bind using distinguished name" but Evo does not ask me for a password,
and it just fails to connect (telling me the URI may be wrong!).

Oh. if you mean the password for LDAP, does this help? http://safari.oreilly.com/0672329298/ch28lev1sec2 It's been so long since I did it, that ... this is for Evo 2.8.3.

Best,

--Tonni

--