SSL/TLS connection on port 389

Hi All,

I've been running slapd with "-h ldaps:///" so that it takes SSL/TLS
connections on port 636. This has worked with most clients (Outlook,
Seamonkey, Thunderbird) but does not work for Evolution. I don't know
why not, but Evolution seems to insist on using port 389 for secure
connections.

When I type

openssl s_client -connect my.server.com:389

It says connection refused. When I type the same command with :636 at
the end it connects fine.

Could somebody explain to me how to tell slapd to accept secure
connections on port 389? I am using the new version of slapd in Debian
Testing (2.4.7-1).

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but according to the docs the
"startTLS" process should be automatic if a secure connection comes in
on port 389. Something is obviously not quite right.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

This e-mail may contain information which is confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright protected. This e-mail is intended for the addressee only. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer