Uniqueness of entryUUID across multiple LDAP servers

Hi,

Actually i am using multiple LDAP servers due to distributed environment.
So our tree hierarchy can span over multiple LDAP servers.

And i want to use entryUUID as a unique key for my entries of the tree.
Can u tell me,entryUUID would be unique over multiple LDAP servers?

Or in case of multiple LDAP servers, Two entries which are residing on different LDAP servers but belongs to the same Tree Hierarchy, can have same entryUUID?

Regards
Rakesh Yadav

On Jan 25, 2008 10:36 PM, Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:
Rakesh Yadav wrote:

> I got your idea about entryUUID, but can u give me some idea about how
> can i retrieve the value of entryUUID for each entry if it is supported
> by LDAP system.

Since it's an operational attribute it is not returned by default from
OpenLDAP. You have to explicitly request it or request all operational
attributes with +.

Example (lines might be wrapped):
ldapsearch -b "dc=stroeder,dc=de" -s base "(objectClass=*)" "*" entryUUID

or

ldapsearch -b "dc=stroeder,dc=de" -s base "(objectClass=*)" "*" +

Ciao, Michael.