Password expiration question (ppolicy and smbk5wpd interaction)

Like many before me I would love to get the smbk5pwd module up and
running, but I have a question.

In OpenLDAP 2.4.7:
If I set a password expiration time up (with ppolicy), and the user's
password expires, does it lock the Heimdal, Samba, and ldap passwords?

On the flip side, if I set a password expiration time up (with
smbk5pwd), and the user's password expires, does it lock the Heimdal,
Samba, and ldap passwords?

Or perhaps more to the point, what can I do to keep all three of these
passwords either all valid or all expired at the same time?

The documentation is a bit vague on this one point, and the archives
left me still in confusion.....

Pat