Re: Cannot replicate userPassword?

--On January 2, 2008 2:22:20 PM +0100 Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:

According to the configuration files posted, the user
"cn=admin,dc=ipodion,dc=at" is used as binddn by the consumer, but it is
the rootdn on the producer, so it can read all values (the real,
harmless error is that there's no point in authorizing access for the
rootdn: it has unlimited access privileges).  Local writes by syncrepl
are performed with the local rootdn's identity, so there's no point in
authorizing them either.

Hm, I thought at least at one point in time, syncrepl used the identity it bound as to make the updates in the local DB, but I guess not. Maybe that was just a holdover in my ACL files from when I used slurpd.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc