Re: slapcat Segmentation fault

John Sherling wrote:
> Running OpenLDAP 2.2.19 on Darwin kernel v. 8.11.1, and when I issue:
>
> /usr/sbin/slapcat -d 5 -v -l /Users/localadmin/Desktop/bkup.ldif
>
> I get the following output:
>
> <snip>...
>
> # id=00000070
> entry_decode: "cn=raidgroup,cn=groups,dc=fileserver,dc=mydomain,dc=private"
> <= entry_decode(cn=raidgroup,cn=groups,dc=fileserver,dc=mydomain,dc=private)
> # id=00000071
> slapcat shutdown: initiated
> Segmentation fault
>
> ...</snip>
>
> Anyone know how I can track down what's causing this segmentation fault?

This should go to openldap-software, as it's related to OpenLDAP
software usage.  However, let me anticipate the only good answer you
could get there.

The question is: is it worth?  OpenLDAP is now at 2.4, 2.2.19 is more
than 3 years old (November 2004), so tracking your issue down would be
pointless (you would need to patch the code yourself, not to mention the
 tons of other bugs, missing features and performance improvements).

Upgrade, and 99% chances it'll disappear (the remaining 1% would be
worth tracking down, at least).

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team